02 June 2011

Recipe: Sausage, Cabbage, and Potatoes One-Pot Dinner

8-10 c. shredded fresh cabbage
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 large onion, chopped
dash of salt
dash of pepper
14.5-oz can chicken broth
2 lbs. kielbasa or sausage or your choice, cut into serving-size pieces

1.  Combine cabbage, potatoes, onion, salt, and pepper in slow cooker.

2.  Add chicken broth.

3.  Place sausage pieces on top.

4.  Cover and cook on low for 7 hours, or until vegetables are tender.

Yield: 6-8 servings

Notes: I used water instead of chicken broth because I forgot to buy chicken broth.  And no one was going to make me go back out just for chicken broth.  I used Trader Joe's Jalapeño Chicken Sausage, which is one of the few chicken sausages they have that doesn't have a pork casing.  Chicken sausage with pork casing really pisses me off.  What's the point????  I also added some other seasonings, because this recipe book seems to have something against seasonings that aren't "salt" or "pepper."  But since my kitchen was about 95º, I mostly just grabbed things, threw them in and prayed for the best.  It still turned out REALLY good.

1 comment:

  1. That's the kind of meal Oscar and I really enjoy.
    It also 'keeps on giving' throughout the evening which is not QUITE as enjoyable, but we do love our cabbage!

    ReplyDelete