16 June 2011

Recipe: Hash Brown Casserole

Last week, I mentioned my hash brown casserole.  And since I've mostly been eating salads this past week, I have no new recipes to post.  So I thought I'd post my recipe for hash brown casserole.

The original recipe calls for fish sticks, but I tried it that way and hated it.  So I experimented and came up with this:

32-oz package frozen hash browns, thawed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
frozen fish fillets
salt, pepper to taste

1.  Mix hash browns, soup, and cheddar cheese.  Add seasoning to taste.  Pour into greased 13x9 casserole dish.

2.  Top with fish fillets.

3.  Bake in oven for however and at whatever temperature the fish fillet package says.

Notes:  The original recipe also called for eggs to be mixed in with the hash browns, but one time I went to make this I didn't have eggs, and I discovered I liked it better without.  As for how many fish fillets to get - one box will not quite cover the casserole, but two boxes will be too many.  So it's up to you as to how you want to do that.

This is also one of those recipes where you can just toss in random things with the hash browns (onions - unless you're Cristi or Ria), sweet peppers, hot peppers, etc.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment