06 July 2011

Wednesday Weigh-In

I gained 0.6 pounds this week.  I felt a little bummed about it as I could see the numbers creeping up slowly throughout the week, until I went to the tailor yesterday to get my interview suit pants altered.

See, the last two interviews I went on, the pants were loose, but I made do.  While I can do some alterations, they weren't loose enough for me to mess with.  Plus, they're my GOOD pants, so I didn't want to mess them up - most of my other clothes (yes, even my work clothes) are thrift store purchases, so if I mess those up, it's no big loss.  But when I tried these on this week in anticipation of an interview next week, it was awful.  So to the tailor I went... and we had to take them in an entire inch!

In other news, my friend Julie and I were discussing last night... well, it's a long story.  But it ended with us coming up with East Minville and East Julietown.  And Julie decided that East Minville would have great restaurants, awesome bookstores, and a Neutrogena store.  (Our cities had to start with "East" because that makes them sound "bad."  It's a rule.)

So, my question to you is this: If you had a town named after you, what stores would it have?  What would the population be?  Rural, urban, or suburban?

3 comments:

  1. East Julietown would be an island. It would be modeled after Tashirojima, Japan. But there would be a Target, a fabric/craft store and a really good bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine would be rural. There would be an awesome Irish pub, a sushi bar, a yarn store/ coffee shop..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rural, but close enough to a big city to attend cool events.
    Great sushi Bar, old bookstore with that great smell, a minor league baseball team with weekly games, a farm that raises all kinds of fiber critters with yarn and roving for sale (and allows visitors to pet the animals), a Transylvanian Family Restaurant with eastern european home cooking (no, really, we had one in Ypsi until a few years ago), A leather-goods store, an annual Scottish Games (LOVE those kilts) a Kick ass garden store, an intimate concert hall for big name events (no more than 75 people in the audience), a Pub with a great ploughman's lunch, a HUGE pool complex right next to my house including an indoor pool for year-round swimmming.

    ReplyDelete