14 July 2011

Recipe: Vidalia Onion Corn Muffins

1/4 c butter
1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, chopped
1 8-oz package cornbread/muffin mix
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c whole milk
1 c sour cream
1 c grated sharp Cheddar, divided
1/4 t salt
1/4 t dried dill weed

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.

2.  In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and saute the onion until tender, but not browned, for about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the muffin mix, egg, milk, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the salt, and dill weed. Stir to combine. Pour into the prepared pan and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares.

Notes:  I used non-fat milk, and this did not affect the outcome at all.  I also dumped in all of the cheese at once because I made corn muffins as opposed to making cornbread, which is what the She-Devil made on her actual show, so I'm not sure why she's pretending in her recipe like she made cornbread, except that she's clearly a lying liar who lies (but I already knew that part).  And since I made corn muffins, I didn't bake it for the 30 minutes, but about 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment