09 July 2011

Housework

This week, I've been tackling a bunch of housework.  There's no particular reason -- it all started around Tuesday and it's just been continuing.  It started with the kitchen.  And I mean a really good scrub down.  Even the trash can got scrubbed out.

I went and got $20 worth of quarters, and I'm trying to get every piece of dirty laundry in my place cleaned.  This is a process because there are a LOT of things that I don't dry, which means that I'm really doing this over a lot of days since I need to let things dry on hangers in my place, recover the hangers, then repeat.

In the meantime, I'm tackling other rooms.

And, I tried a new recipe today.  I actually saw it on Food Network from the woman I hate most on Food Network, and the ONLY reason I watched this episode was because I didn't change the channel in time, and I heard her say, "Coming up... Vidalia Corn Muffins."  Crap.

And, damn.  They're good.  I had to try REALLY REALLY hard to not eat all 15 of them tonight.  The recipe will be posted this week for Recipe Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. One of the best residuals from Angie's Dance competition days is a commercial rolling garment rack. They were pretty popular among the dancers because many of the dressing rooms were high school cafeterias - and even when they were backstage there were more girls than hanging spaces. Add the fact that Angie averaged about 20 costumes she needed to bring - plus shoes and accessories it was the best option for rolling her stuff in and out. The kind they sell for your attic or when you have a lot of company fall apart after they roll around. Less than a dance season they lasted. So now- I can hang my stuff to dry on a I think 5 ft rack and if I go nuts and need more the 2 ends extend out giving me 8 ft.

    Good to know I actually got something from the tens of thousands of dollars I shelled out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vidalia Corn muffins sound AWESOME!!!

    We have regular onions and corn meal... hmmmm...
    I bet toasted onion muffins would be good, too. Maybe with some green pepppers...

    ReplyDelete