30 August 2011

Work... so far

Two days of work down, so far.

Everyone at work is still on their best behaviour with the new girl, so first impressions are a bit skewed (except for the jerkus who sits right beside me - it took him all of a half hour to make a short joke).

They seem to be some freakishly weird cult.  Every email thus far begins with "Welcome to the Board!" and people make it a point to stop by my work space to say hi, introduce themselves, and welcome me.  It's a little disturbing, frankly.

Don't get me wrong - I don't want them going around being grumpuses, but it's all a little Stepford.  If they're this way all the time, I may not fit in.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooo glad you have a job! I don't want you turning Stepford though... I don't think I could take it!! And think of Fe - he deserves a proper mom!

    ReplyDelete