02 August 2011

My Lazy Day

I had an unintentionally lazy day today.

Last night, my window AC unit suddenly decided that it wanted to tilt in.  I won't bore you with the details, but I know what went wrong.  The building maintenance guy is great, and every once in awhile when I need something personal done, I'll call him and pay him to put shelves up or something.  So I called him this morning.

Me: Hey, will you in my neighbourhood sometime today?
Him: Why?
Me: Why you gotta sound all suspicious?
Him: Why?
Me: You know, maybe I baked you cake!
Him: Uh-huh.  What do you need done?
Me: Well, see... it's like this...

He told me if I hadn't heard from him by noon, to give him a call.  Thankfully, today was one of those days where it was MUCH cooler outside than it was inside, especially with the nice, cool breeze, so I sat on my porch with a bottle of water and read a book.  And I texted him around 12:45 p.m. to remind him.  Then I called him around 2:00 p.m.  He said he was caught up on a job, but he'd be there in about 45 minutes.  And he got there around 3:30 p.m., just as I finished my book.

He installed my unit permanently, drilled that sucker into the window, caulked it up, etc.  I have air again!  Yay!  And he said he'll probably be back this Friday or Saturday with my new toilet.  Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment