08 August 2011

Book Review: Pinch Me

Lily Burns had always heard the same thing from her mother and grandmother, but she was never sure why -- never marry a man unless he's short, bald, fat, stupid, and treats you badly.  Then she fell in love with an attractive, charming, intelligent paediatrician named Gogo (don't worry - it's not his real name).

It ends up that the women in her family have all been cursed.  If they marry out of love, they will face unimaginable consequences.  Lily explains this to Gogo, and he whisks her off to Vegas to be eloped.  And she suddenly wakes up in an alternate universe where he has no idea who she is and is happily married to another woman!

This was the story about a woman in love, determined to beat the odds.  Read my full review here.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this book. I'm glad I found someone who was giving away their copy so I could read it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kind of books drive me nuts, it reminds me of really bad dreams I've had where things just become more and more senselessly frustrating.

    But I really hate modern 'literature', too LOL.

    ReplyDelete