04 May 2011

Wednesday Weigh-In

I'm down 0.2 pounds this week.  I'm happily take it since I did little to no exercise this week and I ate like a happy little pig (yay Angel Food delivery!  If you aren't familiar with Angel Food, I'll be blogging about it once the Mom-hospital saga is over; that was to be yesterday's blog entry before Mom decided SHE needed the spotlight).  The reason I didn't do much working out was because my hip/groin pain decided it needed to act up.  Yay.  Speaking of which, my MRI is tomorrow, complete with the lidocaine injection directly into the joint (is anyone else imagining a big-ass needle?).

The Mom Update: It ends up that the MRI today did NOT indicate that she has temporal arteritis.  However, the doctor is not ruling it out completely yet.   In the meantime, they have ruled out tumours, cancer, and stroke.  And they have relieved her pain (thank you, truck loads of morphine), so that's good.  In addition to the morphine, they've also had her on huge doses of IV steroids, and she can't go home until they titrate her down to a dose she can manage orally at home.  Until then, they are awaiting the results of some other labs they took to see if that gives them some answers as to what is going on.

Right now, it looks like she's be in hospital until Friday.

1 comment: