06 March 2011

Poor Marcos Ambrose (no race spoilers)

Last week, as Mom and I were on the phone during pre-race festivities, they started interviewing Marcos Ambrose.  Suddenly, Mom interrupts our conversation to say, "Every time I see that man, I hate him more and more!"

Now, for my non-NASCAR friends, Marcos Ambrose is generally known as one of the most likeable, easy-going drivers in the garage.  So I figured she CAN'T be talking about him.  "Uh, Mom?  WHO about you talking about?"  "That guy on the tv!  What's-his-name!"

"Marcos Ambrose?"

"Yeah!"

"What'd he ever do to you?"

"Isn't he the guy who was so rude to us in Kansas?"

"No, Mom.  That was A.J. Allmendinger."

"Ohhhhhh!  That's right!  Oops.  I've been hating the wrong guy all this time!"

I died laughing.  "Mom!  How could you hate The Thunder from Down Under!  He drives the Little Debbie car, for God's sake!  And has commercials with koala bears!"

"Well, I thought he was mean to us!  And here I've been rooting for him to crash.  Whoops!"

"OH MY GOD!  YOU'RE why he wrecked in Daytona last week!  You owe Marcos Ambrose an apology, Mom!"

So let this be a lesson to you.  If you ever meet my mom, make sure she doesn't get you confused with anyone else later.  It could be disastrous.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! Can I convince her this guy Bahri at work did something to her??? Please??

    ReplyDelete