21 March 2011

Julie Says

(You know, like the game "Simon Says," but this is "Julie Says.")

A few days ago, I told y'all to go check out Julie's blog.  If you did so, you probably saw this post from her in which she mentioned some things she likes to discover about people.

So since she mentioned some things I could do, I figured that would be the subject of today's blog post.

Thing #1: what they eat for breakfast, specifically I like to see pictures of what people eat for breakfast


Just to be clear, that medicine bottle that appears to be sitting on top of the milk carton is actually sitting on top of the toaster oven in the background, and it is NOT part of my breakfast.  Only the Peanut Butter Puffins, the fat-free milk, and the blood oranges, all compliments of Trader Joe's.  This was my first foray with blood oranges, and I LOVE them.  Although it was probably funny watching me choose a bag because I didn't know that some of them were darker naturally, so I kept rejecting bags.  I probably rejected about ten bags before I finally asked someone if blood oranges just looked that way.  Then I joked that someone somewhere was probably wondering wtf my problem was.

Thing #3 she asked for: what their handwriting looks like




When I was a kid, my natural handwriting usually tended more toward the one on the bottom.  You'll see that not all of the words are fully spelt out, and that's more because of the steno teaching I did when I taught court reporters; it comes in handy quite a bit.  However, when I was a kid and my mom (the teacher) would check my homework, if she couldn't read my homework, she would rip it up and make me start over.  So I learnt quite quickly to "write pretty."

Thing #5 she asked for: what is in their medicine cabinet


Top row: sink drainer, Desitin (yep, the diaper rash cream)

Third row: Head & Shoulders sample, Neutrogena New Hands cream (x 2), Flonase, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Fast Absorbing Hand Cream, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Healing Shine Serum

Second row: Night guard brush, night guard container, Neutrogena Healthy Defense daily moisturiser

Bottom row: Listerine, Colgate samples (x 3), contact lenses, Vicks Vapo-Rub, Neutrogena Radiance Boost eye cream,  Neutrogena Healthy Skin eye cream (x 2), yellow nail polish, red nail polish

And, no, I didn't organise my medicine cabinet AT ALL prior to the taking of this picture.

(And, Julie, you may remember about a year ago when you polled people on your blog about their skin care products and I told you that I owned pretty much everything Neutrogena manufactured...  I wasn't lying.  You should see the rest of my inventory; that's just my medicine cabinet!)

2 comments:

  1. It's so awesome that you did this!
    I love, love, love blood oranges. They hardly ever have them in town. :(

    I like your handwriting. Both ways! Mine is so messy.

    Oooh yellow nail polish. I need to get some. Is that Sally Hansen?

    I think I'll have to post my own pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be a witness to the fact that visiting you is like spending time at the Neutrogena warehouse :P

    ReplyDelete