10 March 2011

Creamy Veggie Casserole

16-oz package frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
10-oz package frozen peas
10-oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c milk
8 oz garden vegetable cream cheese
1/2 c croutons, crushed

1.  Cook the vegetables according to the package directions, but do not overcook.

2.  Meanwhile, in a small pot, melt together the soup, milk, and cream cheese just enough to mix easily.

3.  Stir cream cheese mixture into vegetables.

4.  Pour vegetables into 2-quart dish.

5.  Bake at 350ยบ for 25 minutes, or until casserole is bubbling.

Notes: I used Trader Joe's Organic Foursome, which has carrots, green beans, corn, and peas.  I used a pound bag of peas.  So, yeah, my casserole was pretty pea-heavy.  I added black pepper and cayenne pepper, but I nixed the croutons.  I didn't use salt since canned soup has plenty of sodium (even though I used reduced-sodium soup), and I used fat-free milk.

This was OMG super good.  I'm definitely making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment