22 March 2011

Crock Pot Tuna Casserole

2 10-oz cans cream of chicken soup
1 c milk
2 7-oz cans tuna, drained
1/2 c chopped onion
1 c frozen peas
1-1/2 c dried elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
1 c sliced mushrooms

In a small bowl, mix together the soup and milk.  Pour into a slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients.  Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.

Yield: 4 servings

Notes:  I used an entire onion (shocking, I know).  I threw in a jalapeƱo pepper, including seeds.  I didn't have any mushrooms left, so no mushrooms - sad.  I didn't realise that I was supposed to cook the pasta before I put it in the Crock Pot until I just now typed this up, and it didn't seem to affect the outcome.  Next time, I will probably skip this step.  I used tongol (which is a species of tuna); they sell this at Trader Joe's, and it is Felix-approved.  When it was done, I stirred in some cheese.  Tuna casserole is not complete until it has just a bit o' cheese.

This was REALLY good and MUCH easier than the regular method of making tuna casserole.  I'm definitely keeping this one in my arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment