06 February 2011

Relaxing with Rachel

Today was a great day - low-key, but great.  My friend Rachel came over and we had our customary cooking and trash tv day.  Usually, we cook together and then watch tv (or watch some tv, take a break to cook, and then watch more tv), but I did most of the cooking last night since I knew she couldn't stay too long today since she had mentioned she had an exam this coming Friday.

It ended up being a good thing I had done the cooking since she ended up being nearly an hour and a half late.  Blame Ian, her boyfriend (it's a whole hangover story; don't ask).

We had a Bean Salad with Chipotle Chile Dressing (recipe to come tomorrow) and a Jello Pie.

Then I gave her a choice of catching up on Top Chef All-Stars (she hasn't seen of the episodes yet; so don't spoil them if you see her!), watching an stand-up special I had recorded a couple of months ago that I had found particularly funny, or watching a few episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker featuring these two amazingly batshit crazy women.  I explained the ways in which the women were batshit crazy, and she went for the crazy.  She wants to see TC:AS, but since we didn't have a lot of time (and we always like to save some time for just turning off the tv and catching up with each other), she didn't want to get sucked into the beginning of the season, only to have to turn into off only a few episodes in.

So we did three episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker (for anyone who watches, it was the episode with Robin Kassner, the woman who loves Hello Kitty, plumbers, and assholes), and the two episodes with Stacy Kessler - the original one, and then the one where Patti makes Stacy take the lie detector test).  Then we watched the stand-up special.  After that, we just hung out for awhile and talked about our lives since we had last seen each other (at my birthday party).

In slightly related news, Rachel has a bit of a cough.  It's funny to watch two MPHs, one of whom is a med student, work in a kitchen together when they are both ill.  I don't think I've ever seen so much meticulous washing or "this is yours, not mine"-ing or coughing into sleeves (not hands) and such.  I swear, we could have starred in a video or something.

1 comment:

  1. She didn't get Fe did she???

    You need to get better before Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete