20 February 2011

Still Settling In

I've been in this flat for just over two years, but I'm still settling in.  There are still about three boxes I have yet to fully unpack, I have yet to nail my full-length mirror on a wall (although I know where it goes), and I just this month organised my kitchen in a way that is satisfactory to me.

Another project I want to get done before I start working again (no, still nothing to report there; don't get excited) is to go through the boxes under my bed, which are mostly "things that have nowhere else to live, and some of these things should be thrown away but I didn't have time to do it at the time so it was easier to shove it in a box."

I have made a lot of progress while I've been not working.  I organised my basement storage space.  I sorted out winter clothes and not-so-much winter clothes.

Thanks to Izzy, significant progress was made on organising my books.  Thanks to Naomi and Ria, progress was made on organising the stash.

Let's see where things look at Year Three!

2 comments:

  1. I guess I shouldn't tell you I've been here 9 years ... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Ria, I have been in this house about that long and we are still settling in. Of course this house is 1/3rd the size of the house we moved from, so things are lots better now than the first year.

    ReplyDelete