15 January 2011

Aflac Adventures at Trader Joe's

As some of you may recall, I received a Carl Edwards jacket for Christmas:


I wore it today to Trader Joe's when I went to pick up some groceries.  Now, to understand this story, you have to know that the checkouts (at least the one I was at - the express lanes are different) are shaped like squared-off Us, and two cashiers stand back-to-back.

My cashier Andy and I were chatting, and the next cashier turned, saw me, and quacked like the Aflac duck.  Now, if you don't know the Aflack quack, you probably either don't watch a lot of TV or you fast-forward through all commercials.  And you certainly don't watch NASCAR commercials.  So, for your convenience, here's an Aflac commercial, starring Carl Edwards himself (gotta pimp the Missouri boy):


So, back to the story.  Cashier quacked, and laughed.  Andy went, "Huh?"

Cashier quacked again.  I said, laughing, "It's okay; I get it."  Andy said, "I don't.  What?  Do I need insurance?"  Cashier quacked again.  I said, "Do you really not get it?  Andy said, "I really don't."  I made a Vanna White gesture over my chest with my left hand, and Andy sheepishly grinned.  "Oh.  Well, you know, you have so much OTHER stuff going on there," and he pointed to the sponsors above the Aflac logo.  "Uh-huh," I said, "See you next time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment