26 August 2009

Good-bye Ted Kennedy

I am saddened (but, unfortunately, not shocked) to hear about Senator Kennedy's death.

I am a staunch, loyal supporter of the Kennendy family and have been since I could properly pronounce their name.

Many a Thanksgiving argument has broken out about whether JFK cheated on Jackie (I'm still in denial), whether Ted did anything wrong at Chapaquiddick (okay, so he shouldn't have left the scene of the crime, but everyone makes mistakes), or whether ... well, whether the name "Kennedy" should be banned at my mom's house in my presence.

I don't think that every law he stood behind was the best ever. But I think that his ideals were good, his heart was in the right place, and he always tried to do right by his constituents.

In the end, think of his politics what you may, he was still a father and a husband. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment