01 February 2009

General Update

So, as you may have noticed, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to blog about these days, but I'll give it a go.

There is a shit-ton of, well, shit going on at work, but I'm not really going to discuss it on a public blog. There are a few people with whom I have decided to share what's going on, but since it's very sensitive information and I'm not even sure I know how much of THAT I'm supposed to know, well - I'm sure you understand my reluctance. I will, however, share the bottom line, which is that times are tough in healthcare right now, and I was the last one hired in my department. Yay.

School is going well. I have a study partner in my Pre-Calc course. He's a 21-year-old kid from New Orleans. He's studying to be a high school math teacher. I have thoughts whether he will succeed at this goal and whether he would be good at teaching; unfortunately, they do not match. But perhaps he is just intimidated by the force that is Min. :P For now, he is a good study partner, and I enjoy hanging out with him.

Both of my professors are duds. One was saying questionable things about the transmission of HIV/AIDS in class yesterday; the other yells at us for not asing questions, then when we do, yells at us that that is what office hours are for. Damned if we do, damned if we don't. SP (study partner) has told me that since I'm the oldest one in class, it's up to me to stand up to him and tell him to treat us with a bit more respect. I told the SP I'm waiting for him to yell at me, and then it will be on like Donkey Kong (thanks, Manning brothers, for introducing that one into my lexicon).

Social life is NOT happening. I have work Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to either 4:00 or 4:30 p.m., depending on the day. Every other Monday, I have therapy. Every Tuesday and Thursday, I have class. Wednesday mornings, I leave the office for two hours for class; Wednesday evenings, I have WeightWatchers meetings. Saturday mornings, I have class. SP and I study together on Tuesdays and Thursdays for about 1.5 hours until he leaves to go back to work. Then we study again on Saturdays after my Saturday morning class.

This schedule means that the days/evening I have to myself are: every other Monday evening, Friday evening, Saturday evening, and Sundays (which are largely spent cooking lunches for the week, laying out my clothes for the week, etc. - oh and homework).

I would love to be dating but (1) I have no one to date and (2) WHEN???

Also, a general note to all: I am VERY forgetful about turning my mobile ringer on when I get home from work/class. If you call me and I don't answer/return your call in a timely manner, always check online for me. I have no less than four different IM protocols up and running when I'm home and I have several email addresses. And, yes, my 24/7 phone policy is still in effect; I do, however, still reserve the right to tell you that yes, that WAS a funny story, but it could have waited until NOT 3:30 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment